Our History

The Franklin County Chapter NSDAR was organized on June 25, 1919 (chartered on October 20, 1920). Their first meeting was conducted at the Rocky Spring Church on September 30, 1919 with the speaker, Reverend William L. Mudge. In 1922, the chapter assumed stewardship and maintenance of the Rocky Spring Church and adjoining cemetery. The organization acquired ownership of the church from the Presbyterian Diocese in 2007 with only $1.00 as payment.

The Franklin County Chapter has actively pursued fulfillment of the mission of the NSDAR since our conception. Our chapter has completed many activities which the National Society advocates.

From our chapter, we provided a National Registrar, State Regent, state officers and many state chairmanships. We stand firm with our DAR motto,

"God, Home and Country".
1/1

The DAR Insignia is the property of, and is copyrighted by, the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.

The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of the NSDAR. Hyperlinks to other sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.

Contact the Webmaster

Updated  02/14/2020

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now